Season One delivers new content, features, weapons, challenges, and unlockable rewards to Vanguard Zombies, with more on the way mid-season. At launch, you’ll take on the all-new Purge Objective, wield 14 powerful upgrades across five new Covenants, bring in new Season One weapons and Launchers via your Loadouts, and find an expanded arsenal in the Mystery Box.
New Zombies Career Challenges with unique rewards are also being added to the Barracks on December 8th, along with 20 new Season One Challenges offering their own exclusive Calling Cards and XP bonuses. Complete the full set and earn the Season One Master Calling Card and a mountain of XP.
Later in the season, more Zombies content and new features are coming to Vanguard. Players will explore Von List’s Office to continue the Dark Aether story, upgrade their Artifacts with the new Tome of Rituals, build devastating Support Killstreaks at the Crafting Table, take on weapon unlock challenges to expand their Loadouts, and more. Stay tuned throughout the season for more info on what’s coming!
- Purge: Capture the Control Runes to eradicate the Augmentors from existence.
- Equip five new abilities with 14 total upgrades across all rarity tiers at the Altar of Covenants.
- Wield new Season One weapons and bring Launchers into the fight via your Loadouts and the Mystery Box.
New Career Challenges
- Take on a new set of Zombies Career Challenges to unlock exclusive Calling Card rewards and bonus XP.
Season One Challenges & Rewards
- Complete the full set of Season Challenges to earn a unique Calling Card and XP rewards, including the Season One Master Calling Card.
Note: To maintain stability, the weapon balancing changes that were planned for Dec 9th have been moved to a later date. For the latest patch notes, click here.
- Did an overall pass on Mounting. Players reported issues regarding mount height and objects not appearing mountable.
- Custom Mods: players can save custom builds.
- Adjusted the camera position when selecting specific weapons or attachments. Players reported the weapon preview was cut off for a handful of attachments.
- Bug, where players would load into the game with an invisible weapon, has been fixed.
- Combat Shields now correctly display skins while stowed.
- Progression and Camos
- XP rates have been increased for Snipers.
- 3-Line Rifle
- Bloodthirsty Challenges have been changed to Prone Challenges.
- Mortar Barrage – (Dec 9)
- Improves visibility by reducing full-screen smoke effects. As a result, players need to be closer to the barrage to be affected.
- Added damage direction indicators for players using Flamenaut.
- Fire Bombing Run
- Fixed issue where players did not see where the fire VFX started, resulting in players taking damage though they were not standing in the flames.
- Attack Dogs
- Fixed a missing VFX path when the whistling animation plays.
- Performance pass on Killstreak decals to reduce flickering.
- Dead Drop
- Fixed a bug where players were continually awarded their top killstreak when using Dead Drop.
- Charge time has been doubled.
- Made it easier to determine if a deployed Goliath is friendly
- Fixed an issue with “Grizzled Veteran – Get X Eliminations in Hardcore Mode” not tracking properly.
- Fixed bug preventing some players from unlocking reticles.
- Fixed an exploit where players could exit the map.
- Fixed exploits where players could exit the map.
- Fixed a rare issue where players spawn outside of the map.
- Numa Numa
- Fixed a rare issue where players spawn outside of the map.
- Shipment (Dec 9)
- Adjusted spawn logic to prevent spawn traps
- Fixed a bug where player names were blank in “incoming clan requests” if the request was received while in the Clan Request menu.
- Players will see a warning when equipping 2XP tokens while a global 2XP event is running.
Performance & Connectivity
- Improved stability when connecting to lobbies.
- Fixed bug resulting in “Server Snapshot Error,” where players would get kicked out of matches and into MP menus. (Dec 9)
- Fixed bug where the game would crash when Polina picked up an NPC.
- Battle of Berlin
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash after a cutscene.
- Purge the Augmentors from existence by capturing powerful Control Runes throughout the area.
- Augmentors will spawn waves of enemies as a defense mechanism as players attempt to capture the Control Runes.
- Survive the enemy waves and successfully capture all Control Runes within the time limit for a perfect Objective completion and bonus rewards (Max Ammo, Max Armor, and Bonus Points power-ups).
- Fail to capture all Control Runes before the time limit expires, and a huge horde of zombies will spawn that must be taken down to complete the Objective with standard rewards.
Wield five new Covenants with 14 total rarity tiers at the Altar of Covenants.
- Deal damage to nearby enemies (Rare/Epic/Legendary).
- Aiming down sights snaps the crosshairs to headshot location on enemies. Bonus damage on the first critical attack for each enemy. Removes weapon sway (Rare/Epic).
- Dead Wire
- Stuns an enemy (Rare/Epic). Stuns an enemy and nearby enemies (Legendary).
- Gain more Salvage from pickups (Rare/Epic). Gain more Salvage from pickups and Objective rewards (Legendary).
- Swift Vengeance
- Deal more damage the faster you move. Activates shortly after you start moving. Fire while sprinting (Rare/Epic). Activates immediately upon moving (Legendary).
- Season One Weapons
- Once unlocked, players can bring in the all-new Cooper Carbine, Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle, and Sawtooth Melee weapon in their Zombies loadouts at the start of Season One.
- All Launchers will now be available in loadouts and in the Mystery Box in Zombies at the start of Season One.
- Added new Zombies Career Challenges to the Barracks with unique Calling Card and XP bonus rewards.
- Added 20 Zombies Season Challenges to the Barracks with unique Calling Card and XP bonus rewards to earn, including a Season One Master Calling Card for completing all 20 challenges.
- Addressed an issue which prevented players from unlocking the Dark Aether Completionist camo.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Pack-a-Punched Shotguns with 10 Round Drums from reloading all 10 rounds in a single reload animation.
- Addressed an issue that could incorrectly flag un-upgraded weapons as Pack-a-Punch Level 1.
- Closed various exploits including out-of-map exploits.
- Fixed a stability issue related to the Frost Blast Artifact.
- Fixed a stability issue related to multi-kills obtained via Equipment.