Operation: Rank Up Report #0031
Day 217 – 14:11:41 PST
Somewhere in California
AGB – Lead Writer
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Welcome back, Bravo Six, and welcome back to you, Call of Duty® community, to the world of Modern Warfare Multiplayer.
We received some serious reinforcements thanks to the Free Access Multiplayer Weekend,and whether it’s your first time experiencing Multiplayer or just need a few tips to shake off some rust, this Rank Up Report has you covered.
But first, our featured Operator:
Operator of the Week
Task Force 141 is back in full swing for the Coalition, and we’re featuring the Captain himself – John Price – in his ‘Premier’ skin (left).
You can unlock this by purchasing the Season Four Battle Pass and completing his Operation Mission set, which is doing the following in order while having Price as your Coalition Operator:
1. Get 10 Kills using a Sniper or Marksman Rifle
2. Activate the UAV Killstreak 5 times
3. Blind Enemies 2 times using a Flash Grenade
4. Get 15 Kills while equipped with the Double Time Perk
We’re also breaking Rank Up Report tradition and showing off Captain Price yet again: the other image (right) is Captain Price in his ‘Nightfall’ skin, unlocked at Tier 100 of the Season Four Battle Pass. There is another set of challenges to unlock two more Price skins at that Tier, but that’s a story for another Rank Up Report.
The weapon that receives not only the honor of being the first featured weapon for Season Four, but also the spotlight of getting held by Captain Price, goes to the Fennec, the new SMG that can be unlocked for free in this season’s Battle Pass system at Tier 15.
If you purchase the Battle Pass Bundle, you can skip right to it, otherwise you can earn it by putting in some online Multiplayer, Warzone, or Co-Op time.
Top Rank Up Tip(s)
The Free Access MP Weekend is in full swing this weekend, and if you haven’t experienced traditional Call of Duty Multiplayer yet, now is a great time to see what you’ve been missing.
Don’t be afraid to jump in and try it out; if you doubt your skills, here’s 10 tips on how to translate your Warzone skills to Multiplayer:
1. Use Everything You’ve Earned. All your progress from Warzone that includes the Fennec, which is earned at Tier 15 of this season’s Battle Pass system. Use it, and the other Battle Pass system weapons like the CR-56 AMAX, once you unlock them!
2. Diversify Your Loadouts. Although sniper rifles and assault rifles perform well across long distances in Verdansk, it’s best to have a loadout of every primary weapon class type to fit every situation in Multiplayer. This is especially important when playing on smaller maps.
3. Map Knowledge is Key. Love our Warzone Guide for finding strategies for Verdansk? Our Tactical Map Intel series does that for Multiplayer maps, so you can plan winning strategies accordingly. Check out one that we did on one of this weekend’s playable maps – Scrapyard – here.
4. 100 Health, No Armor. Weapons will feel like they behave differently in Multiplayer because there are no Armor Plates. Remember to keep your health in mind during combat and, should your screen start to go red, take some time to heal in between engagements.
5. Be Aggressive… You won’t rank up quickly by playing passive. Rotating around the map often results in more engagements. Also, sticking in one place for too long is just asking for your enemies to hunt you down, so keep moving!
6. … But Not Reckless. Especially on game modes like Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed, taking too many deaths can cost your team the game. Don’t engage in engagements you predict to be lopsided, such as when the enemy has a weapon that performs in a specific engagement type better than yours. In other words, don’t bring a shotgun to a sniper duel.
7. Practice Makes Perfect. If you enjoy Multiplayer, consider picking it up through getting the full version of Modern Warfare. Besides it being fun, it’s a great way to practice the fundamentals for Warzone and learning the ins-and-outs of nearly all the weapons you’ll find in Verdansk.
8. Blind the Eyes in the Sky. On the wrong side of the Kill-Death Ratio? Take out a launcher and shoot down enemy Killstreaks. You’ll stifle their chances of snowballing to a larger victory margin by neutralizing enemy UAVs and Personal Radars.
9. Play the Objective. Not everything is a fight to see who is left standing. If you are playing an objective game mode like Domination, capture those objective points like you would for a Recon Contract station in Warzone. Wins reward big XP bonuses, so remember this acronym: PTO – Play the Objective!
10. Be a Good Squadmate. Along with following the last two tips, a good squadmate also is patient with their allies in the field and makes clear and concise callouts.
Gunsmith Custom Creation of the Week
If I could give an 11th tip, it’d be to take full advantage of the Gunsmith Customs feature to make the weapons you have not only fit your playstyle, but also mesh with your actual style.
For me, I needed to rock out during this Free Access weekend, and I loved the design of the Lake of Fire assault rifle blueprint found in the ‘Infernal Chords’ Store bundle.
The weapon on its own – with zero Gunsmith changes – is fantastic for a Warzone loadout. From a great underbarrel launcher for dealing with vehicles to a bigger magazine for team fights, this is a great weapon out of the box.
It could also work well in Multiplayer, but this is the Gunsmith Custom Creation of the Week, so how would I kit this weapon to make it worthy of this label?
Operators, introducing the Super-Hot Fire, or SHF for short:
First of all, we’re keeping the FTAC XL Elite Comb for its aim down sight (ADS) speed benefits, since we are going to kit this assault rifle for speed rather than distance for close to medium-short range engagements.
Next, swap the 810mm Barrel for the 420mm, brought to you by the Deep Pockets blueprint found in the ‘Fool’s Gold II’ Store bundle from last Season, for a bit of gold swag and faster ADS.
If you don’t have that blueprint, borrow the 420mm Barrel from the ‘Krampus’, a blueprint from the Season One ‘Holideadly’ Store bundle, since we’re going to use the Solozero Optics Mini Reflex sight from it anyways for a clearer sight picture.
Going back on ADS quickening attachments, we have the Stippled Grip Tape from the Ground Splitter blueprint, a part of ‘The Gatekeeper’ Store bundle released in Season Two. Along with helping with our ADS speed, it also decreases sprint to fire speed, which is the time it takes to fire your gun after sprinting.
Now let’s complete this weapon with the 12-Gauge Deputy – again, courtesy of the Ground Splitter – to cover extreme close-range engagements, a potential blind spot for this weapon. With the 12-Gauge Deputy, you have the chance to end a CQB Operator’s whole career with a well-placed spray of this powerful underbarrel shotgun.
So, what are you waiting for? You reached the end of the Rank Up Report, and unless you’re reading and playing at the same time, you’re already behind on ranking up!
Join me and other community members playing through the Free Access Multiplayer Weekend, and I’ll see you online.
For more information and the latest intel on Warzone, visit www.callofduty.com/warzone and follow @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.
For more information on Activision games, follow @Activision on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.