Borealis (animated, available for MWIII weapons only).
- Complete a total of 36 Serpentinite Camo challenges for MWIII weapons.
Weapon Mastery Unlock Criteria:
- Golden Enigma Emblem and Calling Card: Unlock Golden Enigma Camo, get 300 Kills while using the Golden Enigma Camo in Zombies.
- Zicron Scale Emblem and Calling Card: Complete Golden Enigma Mastery, Unlock Zicron Scale Camo, get 600 Kills while using the Zicron Scale Camo in Zombies.
- Serpentinite Emblem and Calling Card: Complete Zicron Scale Mastery, Unlock Serpentinite Camo, get 900 Kills while using the Serpentinite Camo in Zombies.
- Borealis Emblem and Calling Card: Complete Serpentinite Mastery, Unlock Borealis Camo, get 1,200 Kills while using the Borealis Camo in Zombies.
- Completionist Charm: Complete all Mastery Challenges.
Modern Warfare III: Weapon Camo Synopsis
Information overload? Then read on as we conclude this blog with a reasonably concise summary:
The Modern Warfare III Weapon Camo system is familiar but comes with additional innovations and a vastly larger pool of camos to unlock. As in MWII, camos are split into two groups: Base and Completionist (Mastery):
New Base Camos (MWIII MP, MWZ)
- There are 18 brand new Base Camo sets in MWIII.
- New Base Camos are unlocked by completing Challenges using MWIII weaponry.
- New Base Camos are unlocked in both Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Multiplayer: Expect four Base Camos per MWIII Primary Weapon and Handgun.
- Zombies: Expect four Base Camos per MWIII Primary Weapon and Handgun.
- Expect one Base Camo per MWIII Launcher and Melee for MP, and the same for Zombies.
Carry Forward (MP) and Added Base Camos (MWZ)
The 14 Multiplayer Base Camo sets from MWII carry forward.
- Brand new Zombies camos have been added to each Carry Forward Base set, doubling each Carry Forward set with new Zombies camos to unlock.
- Carry Forward Base Camos are unlocked by completing Challenges using MWII weaponry.
- Carry Forward Base Camos are now unlocked in both Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Multiplayer (Carry Forward Camos): Expect the existing four Base Camos per MWII Primary Weapon and Handgun, with their existing unlock criteria.
- Zombies: Expect four new Base Camos per MWII Primary Weapon and Handgun.
- Expect one Challenge per MWII Launcher and Melee for MP, and the same for Zombies.
Base Camo Summary
- Once unlocked, any Base Camo can be applied to any weapon in MWIII.
- The total of Base Camo sets (excluding Event and Special camos) is 14 (MWII) + 18 (MWIII) = 32.
Base Camo Totals (834, Estimated and Subject to Change)
MWII Weapons (556)
- Primaries and Handguns (67 x 8): 536 (MP, MWZ)*
- Launchers and Melee (10 x 2): 20 (MP, MWZ)**
- Total Base Camos (MWII Weapons): 556***
MWIII Weapons (278)
- Primaries and Handguns (34 x 8): 272 (MP, MWZ)
- Launchers and Melee (3 x 2): 6 (MP, MWZ)
- Total Base Camos (MWII Weapons): 278***
MWIII Total Base Camos: 834***
(* 268 Base Camos Carry Forward, and 268 are brand new.)
(** 10 Base Camos Carry Forward, and 10 are brand new.)
(*** 278 Base Camos Carry Forward, 556 are brand new, total does not include “Special” Base Camos, or those unlocked via Events or Ranked Play.)
Completionist Camos (MWII, MWIII)
- Once each Base Camo is unlocked for an individual weapon, the Completionist Camos can be unlocked via additional Challenges.
- There are 16 different Completionist (“Mastery”) camos in MWIII. They are divided into groups of four:
- Multiplayer (Carry Forward): There are the four returning from MWII.
- Multiplayer: There are four new camos for MWIII weapons.
- Zombies: There are four new camos for MWII weapons.
- Zombies: There are four new camos for MWIII weapons.
- Each weapon also has its own set of Mastery Challenges (for additional Calling Cards, Emblems, and a Charm).
- The Carry Forward Completionist Camos have the same unlock criteria as in MWII.
- The new Completionist Camos have a variety of unlocks more individually tailored to the weapon’s playstyle.
Completionist Camo Unlocks Totals (912, Estimated and Subject to Change)
MWII MP Weapons (77 x 4) = 308
MWIII MP Weapons (37 x 4) = 148
MWII MWZ Weapons (77 x 4) = 308
MWIII MWZ Weapons (37 x 4) = 148
MWIII Total Completionist Camo Unlocks: 912*
(* 308 Completionist Camo Unlocks Carry Forward, 604 are brand new)
Note: The totals are estimated, and will further increase as additional weapons are added to the game.
Be sure to check back at the Call of Duty Blog between now and launch, as we confirm in-game content and offer deep dives on both Multiplayer and Zombies. Here’s what to expect prior to November 10:
Blog 1: Pre-Season Preparation: A look back at Intel Drops, confirmation of Preload and Early Access Times, and confirmation of the rewards you receive for playing the Campaign. Read more here.
Blog 2: Mapping Out Multiplayer: Details on the launch modes (3v3v3, 6v6, and 32v32), Additional Mode Intel, all the launch maps (both Core and Ground War), Carry Forward Maps, and the Modern Warfare III Operators from SpecGru and Kortac. Read more here.
Blog 3: Fully Equipped: A Deep Dive into Loadouts (MP, MWZ): Gear up for the evolution of Perks, with detailed confirmation on all the launch Equipment, including Vests, Gloves, Boot, and Gear. Tacticals, Lethals, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks are also confirmed. Read more here.
Blog 4: Upping Your Arsenal: Primary and Secondary Weapons (MP, MWZ): All launch weapons are confirmed, including Aftermarket Parts, and a weapon-balancing pass. The Gunsmith receives a statistical overhaul, and we break this all down for you. Read more here.
Blog 5: Cosmetic Customization: Weapon Camos (MP, MWZ): You’re reading this Blog!
Blog 6: Modern Warfare Zombies: Launch Content Overview: Join Operation Deadbolt, learning about the Mission structure, your Equipment and Zombies Field Upgrades, Acquisitions and Schematics, Acts, Tiers, Rewards and what to find during your deployments to the Exclusion Zone. Coming soon.
© 2023 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, MODERN WARFARE, and CALL OF DUTY WARZONE, are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
For more information on Activision games, follow @Activision on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.