Call of Duty®: Vanguard’s Champion Hill Alpha is live this weekend from August 27th at 10 AM (PT) to August 29th at 10 AM (PT) and it’s free for all PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players. Also, it’s available for pre-load right now, so be sure to go and download it before it starts tomorrow!
We’ve had a great time creating Champion Hill, the internal playtests have been tons of fun, and we’re extremely excited for fans to get their hands on this all-new experience. Please keep in mind that this is a small slice of what players will experience in the upcoming beta and launch, however you will be able to experience many of the core systems of Vanguard MP for the first time. We couldn’t be more excited for everyone to play it. Let’s get into it!
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Champion Hill Alpha is the first public technical test of Call of Duty: Vanguard. It’s designed to provide the development team with valuable data points as we continue to tune our MP experience heading into the Worldwide Reveal of Vanguard Multiplayer and the Beta coming in September. Please note that everything you’ll see, hear, and play in the Alpha is still in development. If you experience anything that doesn’t feel right when playing this weekend, please let us know. We’ll be actively monitoring the official Sledgehammer Games Twitter account for any feedback relative to weapon tuning, perks, balance, and spawns. Don’t hesitate to reach out.
We’re so excited for everyone to get their hands on Champion Hill and there’s a ton of content to dig into over the 48-hours of the Alpha! Here’s a preview of what’s included –
Champion Hill Maps
- Champion Hill (Duos and Trios)
- Weapons are persistent through matches. There are ten upgrades per weapon and each weapon upgrade adds one attachment.
- Weapon sets will rotate. Both Weapon Set 1 and Set 2 include: ARs, LMGs, Shotguns, and Pistols.
- MK2 Frag Grenade: Cookable Fragmentation Grenade.
- No. 69 Stun Grenade: Slows victim’s movement and aiming.
- Throwing Knife: Retrievable knife that is lethal when thrown at the body or head.
- Gammon Bomb: Impact Grenade.
- MK V Gas Grenade: Explodes on impact with the ground, releasing a lingering cloud of gear gas that causes slowed movement, blurred vision, and coughing.
- S-Mine 44: Proximity-triggered explosive.
Perks (persistent through matches and you can buy up to six perks):
- Ghost: Undetectable while moving by Spy Planes, enemy intel, and Field Mics.
- Survival Training: Maximized resistance to stun effects. Immune to gas.
- High Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Tracker: Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markers at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
- Demolition: Extra lethal on spawn. Thrown lethals display an indicator showing the path of the lethal.
- Double Time: Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
Streaks (activated automatically in the next match after purchase):
- Spy Plane: Calls in a spy plane which reveals all enemy positions on the minimap to allies. Can’t be shot down. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- Flamenaut: Receive a flamethrower with unlimited fuel and a protective suit. Both lost on death. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- Deathmachine: Equips a machine gun with explosive rounds and a fixed number of bullets. Persists through death until ammo is depleted. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- V2 Rocket: Activates instantly, and drops a V2 Rocket, killing all players and ending the match.
- Extra Life: Gain 1 additional life for your team.
- Armor Plate: A single piece of Armor.
- Full Armor: Full set of armor plates.
Note: Operators will be randomly assigned.
- Lucas Riggs
- Polina Petrova
- Wade Jackson
- Arthur Kingsley
If you’re interested in more information about how to play Champion Hill and how to download the Alpha, please visit the Call of Duty Champion Hill Alpha blog.
CALL OF DUTY: VANGUARD – MULTIPLAYER REVEAL & MP BETA
There are plenty of surprises around the corner that you won’t see in the Alpha. But don’t sweat it, we’ll be revealing Call of Duty: Vanguard’s full Multiplayer offering at our MP Reveal scheduled for September 7th, 2021. Following the MP Reveal on September 7th, we’re opening the Beta up for Early Access to folks who pre-order Call of Duty: Vanguard – see schedule and pre-order link below: