5 Tips for Mastering the Hacker Class
1. Suspect enemies in the area? The Hacker’s Ice Pick gadget displays the number of enemy players being affected by your hack, making it a great tool both for disabling their intel and improving your own.
2. If you haven’t yet explored the latest areas added last season, the Hacker is the perfect class for doing so. Outpost and Dormitory in the north and Radar Base on the coast are particularly worth a visit, as the Hacker’s Ice Pick ability will disable enemy radar across the settlement, giving you the upper hand in hunting them down.
3. For even more disabling power, visit a chip upgrade terminal to boost your Ice Pick’s range and duration, giving you the power to shut down huge swaths of territory for 30 seconds at a time.
4. The Ice Pick isn’t just helpful in setting up an attack but can be a great tool when you need to make an escape, too. If you risk getting outnumbered by an incoming squad, activate your Ice Pick ability, hop onto a vehicle, and get out of there.
5. Remember that the Hacker’s passive Hard Wired ability keeps you off the mini-map of enemy players, making this a great class for aggressive players who like to be the first to an area. Get in, set up for incoming enemies, and take them down as they waltz in unsuspecting.
Good luck. We’ll see you online.